I’m Isaac Meadow. I’ve helped hundreds of clients find more joy, freedom, and balance in their lives.
If you found me, you’re probably looking for something beyond talk therapy. You may be functioning well, but struggling with some aspect of your life: relationships, stress, anxiety, depression, past trauma, or family wounding. Your story and the places that you get stuck are unique, and I like to learn them. However, I believe that the purpose of therapy is ultimately to feel healthy, balanced, and vital so you can share your highest potential with the world. As a client, I help you move past problems and obstacles and into more clarity in your body, more aliveness in relationships, and more connected to your life’s purpose. In our work together, we’ll go beyond talking on the couch. We’ll role play, make sounds, learn breathing practices, do specific meditations, or work hands-on through the body to release tension and break free—sometimes even in the first session.
As of June 2018, my practice is full and I am unable to take any new clients. Feel free to check back from time to time. I will update this page when I have availability.
Somatic Psychology & Integrative Medicine
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #LMFT 86677
- MA in Somatic Psychology at California Institute of Integral Studies (3-year MA)
- Certificate in Integrative Medicine: Institute for Health & Healing at CPMC in San Francisco ’11. One year/ 700 hour program specializing in somatic and yogic management in acute physical rehab.
- Teacher Training I & II (1000 hours) at the Satyananda Yoga Academy in NSW Australia ’07
- Yogic Studies II (1000 hours) at the Satyananda Yoga Academy in NSW Australia ’05-06
- Four-Month Certificate Course In Bihar, India ’03-’04
- Certificate in Ayurvedic Studies One-Month course: Dharamasala, India. ’04
- 2.5 years in India studying yoga, ayurveda, etc.
- Multiple workshops and trainings on medical applications of yoga with Dr. Swami Shankardev Saraswati, MD, Swami Muktidharma and Swami Satyadharma
Massage & Bodywork
- Certificate in Swedish Massage: Alive & Well, Corte Madera, CA. ’08
- 5-Week Somatic Bodywork intensive with Moving On Center, CA ’08
- Certificate in Ayurvedic Massage: Dharamasala, India. ’04
- Certificate in Thai Massage: Old Medicine Hospital, Chaing Mai, Thailand ’02
Group Facilitation & Wilderness Leadership
- Team Building and Leadership Trainer: World leaders & diplomats including The UN, The World Bank, UNAIDS, World Food Program, Etc. with Borderlands Group in Nepal ’08
- Outdoor Education Coordinator: Farm & Wilderness Camps, Vermont
- Rock & Ice Climbing Guide: various locations ’00-’06
- Wilderness Leadership Instructor: I taught a course in Wilderness Leadership at UVM ’00-’02
- Assistant Director: Red Oak Camp ’98 -’99